A roof will typically last around thirty years if it is properly taken care of. A homeowner can help to prolong the life of their roof by carrying out maintenance chores on a regular basis. Residential Roofing needs to be cared for so it stays in sound shape and properly protects the home. Repairing minor issues promptly can help to prevent damage and more expensive repair issues from occurring. Performing these tips will help to protect a home’s roof and make it last as long as possible.
Performing these maintenance chores will keep a roof in sound shape:
- A yearly inspection should be carried out on Residential Roofing to ensure there is no damage that needs to be addressed. One should also check their roof after storms or periods of snow and ice.
- Cleaning gutters is a chore most homeowners dread but it is a crucial one for proper drainage. Gutters need to be cleaned in the fall, after all of the leaves have fallen. They should also be checked to ensure they are not clogged with limbs or other debris.
- Checking the flashing around the vents and pipes in a roof is an important step. These areas are most prone to damage and can cause leaks in a home. If issues are found, one needs to call in a roofing company to take care of the damage.
- Overhanging limbs need to be trimmed and cared for on a regular basis. When limbs are resting against a roof, they can cause damage to the shingles. Older limbs can easily fall and cause major damages.
- Performing an inspection of the attic can show if there are roof problems before it shows outward signs. Water streaks and staining on the ceiling of an attic means the roof needs to be checked for leaks.
Performing an inspection and maintenance can go a long way towards keeping a roof in good shape. If your roof needs repairs, contact JF Baker Roofing right away. They are the roofing professionals you can rely on to ensure your roof is offering full protection to your home. Call today for further information.